Manx Loaghtan Sheep Breeders' Group
Annual Show 2022
to be held on
Saturday 19th June 2022
kindly hosted by The Royal Three Counties Show
This show has always celebrated the diversity of the breed, and this year we are offering a special prize of £100 for the Most Primitive Sheep, kindly sponsored by John Hedges.
• Senior Ram. 2 years and over.
• Ram Shearling.
• Ram Lamb.
• Senior Ewe. 2 years old or older, must have reared lambs in 2022
• Ewe Shearling.
• Ewe Lamb.
• Group of three, comprising ram, ewe and lamb.
To be entered on the day of the Show:
• Best Veteran Ewe (5 years or older, must have reared lambs in the past but not specifically this year).
• Wool on the Hoof.
• Most Primitive Sheep (a single showing the most ‘primitive’ characteristics, i.e. an alert, intelligent, lean, fine boned, animal with a fleece that will protect it from excessively wet weather, good teeth and hooves, that looks as if it could thrive “on the moor”. If the sheep has not yet been shorn, it could have a mane and dark line down their back.)
• Diversity Class. Pen of 3 to 5 sheep showing the greatest genetic diversity.
• The Steriopulos Trophy and the Weald and Downland Museum Singleton Cup to the Breed Champion
• The Cassie Cup to the Reserve Breed Champion
• The Webbs Green Cup to the Best Ram
• The Rosanvoe Crystal Bowl for the Best Ewe
• Rosanvoe Shield to the Best Group of Three
• Alastair Dymond Cup for the most genetically diverse Group of 3 to 5 sheep
• Sheelagh Holmes Trophy for the most Primitive Animal
• The Isle of Man Manx Loaghtan Sheep Breed Society Trophy for the best Four-Horned Ram
Follow us on Facebook